One of the children left this gorilla costume out and Kyle, for some reason, felt the need to squish himself into it (then call for me to help get him out of it.) The next day when his friends heard of his feat, they had to test their nimbleness with the same task. So, we see Garret trying, but not quite making it:
And Kjirk, who was determined to get it over his shoulders (regardless of pain or common sense) with Garret's help:
It is just not possible to take the tough guy look seriously with a size 6 child's costume involved.
Garret, Kjirk & Kyle

May 17th was the Jr. Lilac Parade in Spokane. Kalene was a drum major for the Mead Middle School band.

If you look closely, you can see her behind the saxaphones and in front of the drums. If you count over 2 saxaphone players from the left
This May Todd harvested his first turkey. Here he is in front of his huntin' truck with Zachary.
Here's Todd with his second turkey of the season. He harvested both of these up at the property.
Zachary brought this little gem home from cub scouts. He also brought a box with other miscellaneous car parts that no one else wanted. I thought when Scott went away to school I would have a little reprieve from car parts accumulating in my house.
March 31 was the first day of Spring Break. Aaron went on a road trip for the week with Todd. Aaron was excited to get dressed up like his father and even did his hair. He enjoyed working with Todd and came away with more appreciation for how hard his father works to provide for us.

Aaron was excited to go with his father, but Zachary didn't look quite so excited about staying with his mother.

Here I am March 31st. Hoping all the work at the gym is paying off.

Todd saw this truck in Seattle and snapped a picture. It was particularly poignant since we recently found it necessary to reprimand Kyle for duct taping Zachary to the post above the pony wall.

Scott sent the following picture to my phone with the title "You are my subject and cheese is my canvas."

Obviously those kids are up late some nights. He said he was set to snack on this block of cheese when he stated that he had a block of cheese and a knife - what should he carve? When a friend suggested his mom, Scott got right to it.
Now that I have released this picture, my secret is out. It is obvious to all that I am the muse who inspired a famous depiction adorning the entrance to millions of Ladies' Rooms!
1 comments:
Charlene - hello there! I found your blog through Lisa Chaffins.... I had no idea you ladies were bloggers! That is so awesome. And YOU look awesome! wow! Seriously, gym time is definitely paying off! That must feel so good. Your family looks great - I cant believe how fast time goes! Seems like just yesterday that Zachary was in my 4-year-old swim lesson class....
:)
Post a Comment